FACULTY OF BUSINESS & ECONOMICS Department of management information system Gradution_project1&2 Submitted by: AMMAR KHALED AL-ASBAHI 141805461 Contents ABSTRACT ABSTRACT This project is aimed at developing a desktop based application named Pharmacy Management System for managing the Pharmacy system of any organization. The Pharmacy Management System (PMS) refers to the system and processes to manage the stock of organization with the involvement of Technology system.
This system can be used to store the details of the Pharmacy, stock maintenance, update the Pharmacy based on the sales details, generate sales and Pharmacy report daily or weekly based. This project is categorize individual aspects for the sales and Pharmacy management system. In this system we are solving different problem affecting to direct sales management and purchase management.
Pharmacy Management System is important to ensure quality control in businesses that handle transactions resolving around consumer goods. Without proper Pharmacy control, a large retail store may run out of stock on an important item. A good Pharmacy management system will alert the wholesaler when it is time to record. Pharmacy Management System is also on important means of automatically tracking large shipment. An automated Pharmacy Management System helps to minimize the errors while recording the stock. The Pharmacy Management System (PMS) has been developed for the degree of Bachelor in management Information System (MIS).
The project has been created by visual basic 2017 vb.net and stands for Structured Query Language (SQL) to solve the problems in the using the manual Routine process in paper. This propose of application to managing stock and reporting and billing which helps in maintaining the works in pharmacy. The main aim of the software is to use the advantage of the technology to assets the employers in pharmacy store to reduce the cost by reduce the human effort searching and automation of selling and buy .
to solve the problems prevailing in the practicing manual system .this software is supported to eliminate and in some cases reduce the hardships faced by this existing system .moreover this system is designed for the particular need of the company to carry out operations in a smooth and effective manner. The purpose of Pharmacy Management System is to automate the existing manual system by the help of computerized equipment’s and full-fledged computer software, fulfilling their requirements, so that their valuable data/information can be stored for a longer period with easy accessing and manipulation of the same. The required software and hardware are easily available and easy to work with. Pharmacy System Management, as described before. It’s can help the user to focus on their other activities in stand of to focus on the record keeping. That it will help company in better utilization of resources.
The organization can maintain computerized records without redundant entries. That means that one need not be distracted by information that is not relevant, while being able to get the information. The aim is to automate its existing manual system by the help of computerized equipment’s and full-fledged computer software, fulfilling their requirements, so that their valuable data/formation can be stored for a longer period with easy accessing and manipulation of the same.
Basically the project describes how to manage for good performance and better services for the clients. Every organization, whether big or small, has challenges to overcome and managing the informations of Medicines, Pharmacy, Company, Sells, Pharmcy. Every Pharmacy Management System has different Pharmacy needs, therefore we design exclusive employee management systems that are adapted to your managerial requirements. This is designed to help in strategic planning, and will help you ensure that your organization is equipped with the right level of information and details for your future goals. Also, for those busy executive who are ways on the go, our systems come with remote access features, which will a low you to manage your workforce anytime, at all times. These systems will ultimate y a low you to better manage resources.
1.INTRODUCTIONThe development of pharmacy management system what is meant here is the process of automating any conversion from work depends on the human effort in everything to work based on information technology or building the information system of the company The purpose of the automation or establishment of the information system of the company is to reduce errors and achieve the highest rate of validity of data entered and reduce the cost by combining the data shared in a single database while maintaining the independence and purpose of control and relationship and maintain their exit from reports as they are according to their importance in the manual system.The purpose of building the information system of the company helps in the decision-making processes easily and accurately since the information system stores all the data is the main source of information if the accuracy of the data and the availability of information accurately and the system helped speed decision-making appropriate and helps in the planning and control of the company And reducing the time for workers, which leads to any reduction in costAnd these reasons lead to achieving the highest rate of profitability to the organization that wants to automate its work.
Making automation of the work and the establishment of information systems for the organizations is very important to achieve the full administrative success of any system, whatever type of work.Mechanization occurs as a natural result in the life cycle of systems.Life cycle model of systems: It is meant that any system has a period of time and then become unusable for any non-compatible with the current environment and must be replaced by a new system or developed to match the current environment, For example, the current pharmacy management system, which is mechanized in the past, relies on records and manual works in everything. It is now not compatible with the current environment.
It is replaced by a new system based on computer and information technology to be more in line with the surrounding environment.There are several systematic steps within the life cycle model of systems.This project has four main process:· Part 1: The area of research or study and its importance for science, technology or national economy Part 2: What was done in this area before and what problems were still not solved or solved not satisfactory Part. · 3: What is the goal of this paper and what is new in the proposed method Part.· 4: Outline of the paper. 2.
RELATED WORKS:Disadvantages of old systemAs we know the manual process is quite tedious, time consuming, less accurate in comparison to computerized processing. Obviously the present system is not is exception consultant encountering all the above problems. 1. Time Consuming.2.
It is very tedious.3. All information is not placed separately. 4. Lot of paper work.5. Slow data processing not user-friendly environment.6.
It is difficult to found records due file management system. Advantages of new system1. In new computerized system I tried to give these facilities. 2. Manually system changes into computerized system. 3. Friendly user interface. 4.
Time saving. Paper Saving 5. Connecting to database so we use different type of queries, data report. Give facility of different type of inquiry 6. Formatted data.7. Data’s are easily to modifying.
3. IMPORTANCE OF PROBLEM· To computerize all details regarding importer, customer details & pharmacy details.· To automate the process of ward entries.
· To maintain records effectively.· To manage current store of pharmacy and availability.· The project has information regarding the importer details, customerDetails, billing details and sales details. This project includes modules such as1) Staff Details · Personnel Details· Give special authentication to each user· Monitor stuff actions 2) Customer Details · Personnel Details· Count customer balance 2) Importer Details · Personnel Details· Count importer balance 3) Product Details· profit · expired data· amount of products· Item place on store · Company provide it4) Billing · Add item · Delete item · Make discount for item · Sales and buy billing· Resale and rebuy5) Expired report Goals & Objectives of pharmacy management system:· Pharmacy Management Module: Used for managing the Pharmacy details. · Pharmacy Module: Used for managing the details of Pharmacy · Sells Module Used for managing the details of Sells · Medicines Management Module: Used for managing the information and details of the Medicines.
· Stocks Module _ Used for manage ng the Stocks details · Company Module : Used for managing the Company informations · Login Module. Used for managing the login details · Users Module Used for manage ng the users of the system Utilization of pharmacy management system: It may help collecting perfect management in details. In a very short time, the collection will be obvious, simple and sensible. It will help a person to know the Management of passed year perfectly and vividly. It also helps in current all works relative to Pharmacy Management System. It will be also reduced the cost of collecting the management and collection procedure will go on smoothly.
My project aims at Business process automation, I have tried to computerize various processes of Pharmacy Management System. · In computer system the person has to fill the various forms number of copies of the forms can be easily generated at a time. · In computer system, it’s not necessary to create the manifest but we can directly print it, which saves our time.
· To assist the staff n capturing the effort spent on their respective working areas. · To utilize resources in an efficient manner by increasing their productivity through automation. · The system generates types of information that can be used for various purposes. · It satisfy the user requirement · Be easy to understand by the user and operator · Be easy to operate · Have a good user interface · Be expandable· Delivered on schedule within the budget · Functionalities provided by Pharmacy Management System are as follows: · Provides the searching facilities based on various factors. Such as Pharmacy, Stocks, Company, Pharmacy · Pharmacy Management System also manage the Sells detais on ine fc« Company details, Pharmacy details, Pharmacy. · It tracks all the information of Medicines, Sells, Company ect · Manage the information of Medicines · Shows the information and description of the Pharmacy, Stocks · To increase efficiency of managing the Pharmacy, Medicines · It deals with monitoring the information and transactions of Company.
· Manage the information of Pharmacy · Editing, adding and updating of Records s improved which results n proper resource management of Pharmacy data. · Manage the information of company · Integration of all records of Pharmacy Reports of Pharmacy Management System: · It generates the report on Pharmacy, Medicines, Sells · Provide filter reports on Stocks, Company, Pharmacy · You can easily export PDF for the Pharmacy, Sells, Company · Application also provides excel export for Medicines, Stocks, Pharmacy · You can also export the report into csv format for Pharmacy, Medicines, Pharmacy 3. PROPOSED METHODOLOGY:When student has an idea for a Graduation project to be graduate from university, how does that idea become reality? How do they go about making it happen? I selected the systems-development life cycle (SDLC).1. System Analysis2. System Design3.
Implementation4. Testing 3.1 System Analysis To create this system, it need serval of tools and environment is use for developing the proposed of project. The Programming that software is created by programming is the process of making set of order and logical instructions for a digital device to follow using a programming language. The functional of programming is usually called coding in order to the syntax of a programming language is not in a form that all can understand it, it is in code .The process of developing a software is not always easy, sitting down and writing some code.
3.1.1Hardware specification; Hardware Hardware Requirement Processor Core 2 duo or higher RAM 1 GB or Greater Hard-disk Space 120 GB(Free space ) Monitor Plug and play monitor Mouse Microsoft PS/2 MOUSE Keyboard Standard 101/102 key 3.1.2Software specification Software Software Requirement Front End Visual Studio 2017 Database Sql 2014 Back End NET Framework connectivity Internet 3.2.
Visual Studio 2017The main integrated development environment of Microsoft. Allows programming of the scripts along with Web services, Web applications, Web sites and Windows Form supported by Microsoft Windows, Windows Mobile, . Net Framework and Microsoft Silverlight.
Visual Studio has a code editor that supports Intelligence technology and code rewriting. It also contains an interpreter that detects run-time errors. The interpreter detects spelling errors in codes. It also includes a sample designer to build a graphical user interface, a web designer, and a class designer. Data and designer for crystal reports.The Visual Studio contains a code editor that supports syntax and automatic completion. It also uses smart technology to asset the programmer to write variables, functions, methods and courses quickly.
The editor supports the writing of all the programming and coding languages contained in the Visual Studio.Visual Studio’s code editor also supports the ability to bookmark the code to help with fast browsing, also supports the possibility of collapsing and expanding code groups, searching and replacing in code, and also supports code snippets, which are ready templates of code to be inserted and changes within the projects in progress. Also the possibility of rewriting the code.
A development environment and a programming language from Microsoft based on the famous BASIC language. They are categorized as object programming languages. Since Microsoft began to release Visual Basic, it has been very successful and popular among programmers because of its extreme ease in the face of the extreme complexity faced by any programmer seeking to program Windows using C or C ++. Overall, Visual Basic complies with database and application applications for small businesses and account software. It is convenient, easy and purpose-oriented. It also allows the programmer to focus on solving the problem. He often has no technical difficulties when writing a Visual Basic program. However, it should be noted that the Visual Basic programs are not fully translated into machine language such as C ++ or Delphi, but translated into a middle code that communicates with a “Run Time library” called MSVBM.
dll with the replacement of question marks with the version number. 3.2. SQL 2014SQL stands for structured Query language Is a relational database program produced by Microsoft, the main function for it save and update and modifying the data is coming from c programing and it is had a lot of advantage:1. Data managementSQL Server allows you to manage and exploit vast amounts of data smoothly and securely. in SQL Server solutions provide you hours of time and minimize errors with built-in compression and partitioning.
And with the use of a huge amount of data and the growth of the institution continuously and add more and more devices. Finding a solution can be very costly and inefficient. SQL Server Capability Data compression, backup and database can be an advantage for organizations seeking to increase space and processing power without incurring excessive costs or maintaining and producing headaches.2. ConnectivityWith SQL Server, you can manage multiple types of data through a single database to get the greatest value from your data. This may mean showing profits from different projects along with relevant data that can show your business success and work to improve them.
will work with your company on its goals to integrate your data in a way that specifically serves your best needs.3. Ease of useSQL Server enables users to make data easy to recover with built-in data mining integrates SQL Server into familiar tools like Microsoft Word and Excel, bringing your data directly to your fingertips.4. AuditWhether it is government regulations, medical compliance, or to meet the specific needs of the organization, auditing can be a daunting, complex task. SQL Server in Audit provides a centralized mechanism to capture a database server or related procedures. 3.
2. SQL 2014 Is a Microsoft programmatic framework for running programs that can be installed on computers loaded with Microsoft Windows operating systems. It is usually supplied with the operating system (for both client and server as well as for mobile). The operating system includes Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. It is available free of charge on the Microsoft website for download for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. The .NET Framework is also available for download from the site, but as a separate version.
The .NET Framework is a link between the program and the operating system, to produce or run programs independent of the machine, ie programs that can work regardless of the environment and the device on which you work, only provide a .NET Framework for the programs originally built for this framework. The .net framework stands between the operating system and our software, and the operating system stands between it and the hardware. This brings the picture closer to understanding. The software requests services from the .
NET framework, and the framework connects these requests to the operating system. Here is the most important feature of the Dot Net (the ability to work on any device) . Net to the operating system by type, and the operating system to hardware by type, our program, which we wrote on Windows XP, for example, when running on Vista, the same orders Which we wrote on XP will be implemented in Vista because the Dot Net framework can “speak XP and can speak Vista”, which frees the programmer from rewriting his program for each system. “Any device” means: laptops, mobile phones.